Growth driven title company seeks an experienced individual to be responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration, as well as the growth and profitability, of its Commercial Title Division. This professional reports to the Chief Operating Officer with an emphasis on collaborating with executive management and operationalizing strategy.
- Provide leadership, execute the company vision, and ensure that the commercial title division is maintaining its goals from both operational and cultural points of view.
- Develop a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Develop a scalable business model for the commercial title division in tandem with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement divisional goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Maximize the efficiency of the commercial title division and promote the scaling of the division through the development of procedures and resources.
- Increase the profitability of the commercial title division.
- Successfully refine and manage the entire processing and underwriting workflow to continually meet growing volume.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance, management, and retention of the processing and underwriting staff.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, develop and manage the commercial title division’s financial goals, objectives, and budgets, and oversee budget implementation and ensure the proper allocation of resources.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, develop and manage operational performance, capacity and relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop plans to monitor and improve the KPIs.
- Oversee and manage commercial escrow accounts.
- Ensure that file disbursements, including wires and checks, are completed timely and accurately.
- Lead and manage underwriting team and independent third parties, in order to meet legal and operational deadlines.
- Provide underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and clients, related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Assist with title examinations for commercial title orders.
- Identify issues and work with clients, attorneys and lenders in an advisory capacity to resolve issues impacting title insurability prior to closing.
- Communicate with clients and third parties to obtain documentation to clear title related issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title commitment, in accordance with internal and external policies and regulation.
- Analyze and evaluate title related documents and attributes to make sound underwriting decisions that minimize risk while seeking reasonable solutions to permit insurability of title.
- Review and approve a variety of documentation including deeds, operating agreements, trusts, wills, affidavits of heirships, corporate resolutions, partnership agreements, and state filed Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Organization.
- Develop marketing and other business development strategies to consistently generate leads and convert them to prospects and ultimately clients.
- Maintain relationships with key clients and referral sources to ensure effective promotion of the company.
- Support the development and maintenance of agent and industry business relationships, including through participation in educational programs and industry organizations and events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial real estate/title operational management and strategy.
- Proven record of senior-leadership and personnel management skills.
- Broad range of operational expertise including personnel management, production and capacity management, accounting, finance, and marketing.
- Proficient with the utilization and management of progressive IT programs and systems; experience with title industry specific software, Qualia preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Possess outstanding people and organizational skills, an expert ability to multi-task, and a passionate leadership style.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred.
- Maryland Bar admission preferred.
This is a terrific career opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented company currently undergoing substantial growth. Director of Commercial Operations is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should click here to submit a cover letter with resume.